Stand Together is providing a way for millions of Americans to help those whose lives have been thrown into disarray by the COVID-19 health and economic crisis, demonstrating the power of bottom-up solutions.
- Building community in a time of social distancing — Mobile Loaves & Fishes has served the chronically homeless of Austin, Texas, for 22 years. Today, the organization continues its fight against the homelessness crisis in the midst of a different crisis — one caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Published 6/30/20
- Helping a resilient coal community survive the pandemic — Nonprofit Coalfield Development offers a suite of programs, including personal and academic development and employment-based social enterprises to help West Virginia residents. With the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, its critical work in Wayne, West Virginia, became more important than ever to an already determined community. Published 6/25/20
- Leveraging entrepreneurship to survive the COVID-19 pandemic — As joblessness rates soar, many people are expected to turn to entrepreneurship to patch income losses and provide a long-term financial engine for themselves and their families. Chris Breitenberg, director of national program partnerships at Rising Tide Capital, shared the nonprofit’s plans for how it will increase access to its small business training programming in the wake of COVID-19 while continuing to grow entrepreneurship in low-income communities. Published 5/20/20
- Charles Koch op-ed on finding our unique role during the pandemic — Charles Koch writes in a Fortune opinion piece that while the coronavirus pandemic has “upended lives, shuttered businesses, and profoundly altered our expectations for the future,” Americans have always faced challenges. We have overcome them when each of us finds our unique role to play — and when we empower others to find theirs. Published 5/18/20
- Philanthropic leaders unite to aid families hit hardest by the pandemic — #GiveTogetherNow is quickly becoming one of the top COVID-19 relief efforts in the country, having raised over $43M in four weeks. Now, major business and philanthropic partnerships are bringing new resources and networks to the campaign. Published 5/12/20
- Stand Together community and GoFundMe discuss COVID-19 relief efforts — Stand Together Foundation executive director Evan Feinberg, along with Thistle Farms CEO Hal Cato and Friends of the Children CEO Terri Sorensen, were recently featured on GoFundMe’s podcast, True Stories of Good People to discuss their massive efforts to help those affected by the COVID-19 crisis and how others can assist their communities. Published 5/12/20
- Using creativity to connect & heal — PeaceLove, a Stand Together community partner, has taken their services online by hosting virtual expressive arts workshops for people all across the country, and the goal is always the same: to help people get and stay mentally well. Published 5/7/20
- Giving kindness on Giving Tuesday — On this Giving Tuesday, people around the world are uniting in beautiful ways to help those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Stand Together expanded the #GiveTogetherNow campaign in an effort to recognize the creative ways people are supporting each other and to provide more ways for people to get involved. Read more about some of the acts of kindness that have inspired us! Published 5/5/20
- Nonprofits tackle hunger in their communities — Stand Together nonprofit partners are stepping in to help by re-envisioning how to feed their communities. Two culinary-driven, innovative nonprofits are using their skills and expertise to make the biggest impact while fostering community, which is more important now than ever with people staying home. Published 4/28/20
- Online workouts connect the recovery community — Social distancing creates an acute problem for those in recovery, as relationships and connection are key to long-term sobriety. The Phoenix, a sober active community that fosters connection through physical fitness, moved quickly in adapting to crisis so that their community could stay connected. Published 4/24/20
- Feeling the power of community through virtual fitness — Being active and maintaining community are especially vital to a few of the nonprofits in the Stand Together community that use the power of activity and connection to impact on the lives of those in addiction recovery, the formerly homeless, individuals exiting incarceration, and more. Published 4/24/20
- #GiveTogetherNow campaign gains momentum— The #GiveTogetherNow campaign raised over $38.7 million for families affected by the pandemic within the first four weeks of launch and has since raised $42.9 million, empowering more than 85,000 families and individuals with $500 in monetary support so they can meet their unique and immediate needs. Published 4/23/20
- Supporting social enterprises that are generating pathways to financial independence — Here is a collection of unique, creative, and meaningful gifts from some of the most effective social enterprises Stand Together partners with that are using their business models to create opportunity, strengthen communities, and inspire change. Published 4/16/20
- Unique ways to help while staying at home — We may be staying in our homes and remaining six feet apart when outside, but we can still connect with each other in meaningful ways. Here are 7 ways to help your community from your home. Published 4/16/20
- Supporting nonprofits who are providing vital services to communities impacted during the pandemic — Stand Together Foundation launched #HelptheHelpers—a fundraising campaign to directly support nonprofit leaders on the frontlines who are providing vital services to communities impacted during COVID-19. The campaign raised $2.5 million in just 72 hours. You still have time to give. Published 4/10/20
- New Instagram live show hosted by former NFL linebacker Dhani Jones — Stand Together LIVE is a new Instagram series of conversations, performances, and masterclasses featuring some of the world’s top performers who are sharing their life stories and experiences in support of #GiveTogetherNow. Published 4/10/20
- Getting money to families affected by the pandemic — Stand Together is partnering with the Family Independence Initiative (FII) to launch #GiveTogetherNow, a rapid-response effort to get money directly to the families who most affected by COVID-19. And we want you to be a part of it. Published 3/26/20
- Fresh ideas to combat COVID-19 could earn funding — As we face a worldwide pandemic of the novel coronavirus, never has creative thinking and innovation meant more. Now the very kind of inspired action that is needed to stem the spread of this disease will be not just encouraged but rewarded. Published 3/17/20
Be the first to hear about new stories of transformation.
Sign up for updates delivered right to your inbox.
Sign up for updates delivered right to your inbox.