The COVID-19 pandemic is touching every aspect of our lives, changing how we live, work, learn, and engage with our community. Stand Together is doing all we can to make a difference right now by partnering with incredible individuals and organizations:
- In communities, ramping up efforts to help those who are jobless and in poverty
- In education, launching a new resource for parents to educate their kids while at home (learneverywhere.org)
- In business, helping leaders who are working around the clock to make sure people get the staples they need and their employees are well taken care of
- In government, supporting activists who are working with state and federal lawmakers to pass policies that expand healthcare options and that address the sudden economic downturn
A crisis of this magnitude requires a comprehensive approach with people from all walks of life contributing in whatever way they can. There is much more we can and will do as this crisis continues to develop.
In the past several days, we have heard from hundreds of groups that we support as well as partners from around the country. If you have questions about how you can help others in this time of crisis, needs that Stand Together can help address, or ideas for what more can be done, please email us at MakeADifference@standtogether.org.
If ever there was a time to Stand Together as a country, this is it. Together, we can help bring out the best in our country – and one another – at a time when that can make the biggest difference.
We will be updating this page with the efforts and initiatives that the Stand Together community and our partners are doing in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Charles Koch, Brian Hooks outline ‘distinctly American approach’ to overcoming pandemic — In a USA Today opinion piece published March 28, Stand Together founder Charles Koch and CEO Brian Hooks remind us that openness and innovation have always been the American way. And they empower us to overcome the current challenge. Published 3/28/20
- Call to action: How business can best help people during the coronavirus pandemic — The choice between “business as usual” or “close all business” is a false choice. The question is: What is the most effective way to ensure all people in the country have the best chance to live—both during and after this crisis has passed, no matter how long it is with us? Published 3/27/20
- Getting money to families who need it most — Stand Together is partnering with the Family Independence Initiative (FII) to launch #GiveTogetherNow, a rapid-response effort to get money directly to the families who need it most. And we want you to be a part of it. Published 3/26/20
- Free textbooks and online higher ed learning resources during the COVID-19 pandemic — OpenStax has already helped 9 million students afford a college education by offering free textbooks online. Now, to help with challenges from the corononavirus epidemic, it is curating resources and making more materials free to guide teachers and students through the transition from classroom to online. Published 3/20/20
- Amplifying voices on the ground calling for swift, targeted relief for COVID-19 — Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is actively advocating to the President and Congress on behalf of millions of individuals on the ground, ensuring their voices are heard and that aid is deployed in the most effective, timely, and targeted way. Published 3/20/20
- New resource for education without a classroom — yes. every kid. has launched a new website and a new social community on Facebook #LearnEverywhere, to help families exchange ideas and suggestions for education without a classroom. The site offers lesson plans, virtual experiences, videos, and other resources for parents and educators. Published 3/19/20
- Telemedicine promises to identify COVID-19 patients earlier, with no risk to medical personnel — As health care providers struggle to meet the growing challenge of seeing patients quickly, an emerging technology offers an innovative new way to screen people for COVID-19. Originally developed to offer health care to people in remote places, telemedicine could become a major asset in battling the coronavirus epidemic. Published 3/17/20
- Fresh ideas to combat COVID-19 could earn funding — As we face a worldwide pandemic of the novel coronavirus, never has creative thinking and innovation meant more. Now the very kind of inspired action that is needed to stem the spread of this disease will be not just encouraged but rewarded. Published 3/17/20
Sign up for updates delivered right to your inbox.